About Me

I am a Christian mother of five, and our highest goal as a family is to serve God in every aspect of our lives. Jesus promised His disciples 'life in all its abundance' (John 10:10) - that has been our story, a rich life, not devoid of challenges, but certainly abundant. Previously writing at www.homeeducationnovice.blogspot.com, we have come to realise that education is just one area where our faith shapes our choices and direction in life. This blog seeks to share our adventure (using font only to enable access in settings with poor internet)

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Family Integrated Church Again

In my discussions about Family Integrated Church as a concept, a friend recommended I watch this video on that topic. It is about 55 minutes long, and easy to watch. I found it quite compelling; there was nothing new to me in the film, but many different voices all reaching the same conclusions that the primary responsibility for the spiritual growth and discipleship of children rests with fathers, and this is something which has been sadly neglected in the last few generations of the modern church.

What I would have liked to hear more about would be the extension of these arguments into practical reality. Many pastors and leaders spoke of their integrated congregations, and discussed the reasons why they did not segregate into different programmes based on age. But they didn't really fill the gap for me by talking about what they actually do. I would be fascinated to see one of these churches in operation, to see what different models could be put into place, to see whether it was really accepted by the congregation. But I am sure if I look around I will be able to find some resources which go into more detail here too.

If you know of any that I might find helpful, or would like to share from your own experiences, I would be delighted! Otherwise, watch this space, and I'll post more as my investigations proceed!

No comments:

Post a Comment